Nov 2, 2021
You will have noticed the speed of the website: HorseTelex has been completely revamped. We are now equipped with a brand-new high-speed, technically advanced database which will allow us to develop all kinds of new breeding tools and information products!
We celebrate the launch of the new website/database with two new tools.
1) Free for all visitors is the button 'Best Offspring' in the dark blue bar right below the horse's pedigree. Here you will find at a glance all high-level performing offspring of the stallion or mare in question and all approved sons. In jumping, this concerns all offspring that are registered at 1.40 m or higher, in dressage all offspring that are classified at least Level 4 Test 1 / Advanced Medium.
2) All PLUS and TOP members of HorseTelex can now indicate that a certain horse has passed away. It can be very important to do so. A mare of which several of her offspring have died at a young age has more difficulty in proving herself in the sport. In that case, it is very important to indicate that a number of children of this mare have died.
The tool only works if you register yourself as the owner of the deceased horse. This goes as follows:
- Log in with your membership account
- To ‘My HT‘
- To ‘My horses‘
- If the horse is not yet on your list: ‘Add horse to my list‘
- Click on the pencil to the right of the horse's name: edit
- Fill in the categories so that the system knows what relationship you have with the horse
- Tick ‘Owner‘ (this can also be done in combination with ‘Breeder‘)
- Then the field appears in which you must enter the year of death
Afterwards, an icon will show in various places in the database that the horse in question died: in the search results, in the offspring overviews and of course on the pedigree of the deceased horse. This way, we make HorseTelex even more informative and breeding a little more transparent.